The type of research we undertake aims to scientifically validate the role traditional medicine(s) in health care. To achieve this, the following objectives guide our research:
- To generate evidence to strengthen strategies for genuine engagement and trust between traditional health practitioners, modern health practitioners and researchers;
- To improve the evidence base for safety, efficacy and quality of traditional medicines;
- To strengthen the infrastructure and human resource capacity for traditional medicine research;
- To generate evidence to inform integration of traditional medicine into the national healthcare system;
- To facilitate documentation and protection of indigenous health knowledge.
Health Systems Research and Policy on Traditional Medicine
- We conduct research that will strengthen the traditional and public health care system and TM policy